Wireless CarPlay, Wireless Android Auto Interface
(* Concert/Symphony radio, 2G MMI, and 3G MMI Basic version with Software version number like BNAV_XXXX_XXXXXX for Europe are completely not Supported.)
Please check with us before you place an order. You will be responsible for the return shipping fee if you ignore this warning message.
2013 - 2018 Audi A3, S3, RS3: Platform MQB 8V(RMC/MMI/MIB)
2016(EU),2017 + Audi A4, A5, S4, S5, Q5, SQ5: B9 platform with/without factory nav.
2016 - 2019 Audi Q7: 4M Platform with MIB including 8.3"
2009~2011(EU),2012(US) Audi A4, A5, S4, S5, Q5, SQ5: B8, 8.5 platforms with 3G MMI High. NOT FOR CONCERT or SYMPHONY or 2G MMI or 3G MMI Basic
2013+ Audi A4, A5, S4, S5, Q5, SQ5: B8, 8.5 platforms with 3G MMI High Plus. NOT FOR CONCERT or SYMPHONY or 2G MMI or 3G MMI Basic
*Some models may not support steering wheel control buttons depending on the type of the multi-function steering wheel and instrument cluster(e.g. C7, D4 7" Hi-Res Instrument Cluster, Virtual cockpit, etc.). In this case, only MMI console knobs would work.
- Add the following features to your Audi
Wireless CarPlay, Wireless Android Auto*, AirPlay Mirroring, Wired Apple CarPlay, Wired Android Auto, Wired Android Screen Mirroring, Youtube* via wifi hotspot, USB thumb multimedia (pic, video, music) playback, Front and Rear After Camera Inputs.
- Plug and Play
- Support Audi's original vehicle mic
- Independent EQ, Image(Brightness, Contrast) control
- Multi-function steering wheel buttons and MMI buttons and knobs are fully functional* (Except some steering wheel models)
* Youtube function is third party app based beta version and cannot run while using Carplay/Android auto.
* You may need Audi Aux to AMI adaptor or coding through hidden green menu to get sound from the interface. Please refer to user manual at rsnavwiki.com for more information. Audi Aux to AMI adaptor and it is NOT included in the kit. You are advised to purchase it from Amazon or your local Audi dealer.
* Due to old age of Audi 3G MMI system, there is inevitable mic echo when you are using the device's Bluetooth for handsfree. It is NOT possible to eliminate it completely as it is Audi's 3G MMI system is too slow to be used with newer smartphones. (3G MMI was designed in 2007~8). To avoid echo, you are required to use Audi's original Bluetooth handsfree. You should connect 'Autokit' BT first to establish the wireless carplay connection, and then required to manually connect again to Audi BT for handsfree and music streaming. After, you must remain Audi Bluetooth as a media source in your MMI to listen and use Audi handsfree. Occasionally you are required to manually switch the phone call speaker or media playing source by clicking speaker button in call or airplay button while playing music over the Bluetooth. For Android phones, this is customizable in Bluetooth setting. However, this 2 way sound path setup will result malfunction of Siri or Google voice command. This has to be fixed by Google or Apple by allowing Siri or Google Assistant to hear your voice and answer back through Audi BT. Again, this is something that we cannot fix as the problem is in Audi 3G MMI system. PLEASE DO UNDERSTAND THE LIMITATION, AND THIS IS NOT A GOOD SOLUTION IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR OEM SYSTEM GRADE INTEGRATION FOR HANDSFREE/MUSIC STREAMING WITHOUT ANY OPERATION ON YOUR PHONE. EVERY AFTERMARKET SOLUTION FOR AUDI HAS THIS PROBLEM AND IT IS NOT ANYONE CAN FIX UNLESS GOOGLE OR APPLE FIX IT. CONSIDER RSNAV S4 SYSTEM INSTEAD WHICH HAS BETTER SUPPORT AND INTEGRATION WITH AUDI 3G MMI BLUETOOTH SYSTEM.
* Android Auto Wireless is only available to certain Android Phones. Check with your phone maker for Wireless Android Auto support.
* OnePlus brand phones may have low quality pictures on the car display, but this is the issue with phone limiting streaming bitrate too low.
THIS IS A CLASS B RADIO PRODUCT MEANS IT MUST ACCEPT ANY RADIO INTERFERENCE AND DO NOT INTERFERE WITH OTHER CLASSES OF RADIO EMITTING DEVICES SUCH AS DOPPLER RADAR. THUS, WHENEVER THERE IS A STRONG SOURCE OF RADIO INTERFERENCE NEAR 5GHZ, WIRELESS FUNCTION MAY BE UNSTABLE. IT IS OBSERVED THAT THE UNIT IS LIKELY TO CRASH NEAR WEATHER AND/OR NAVIGATIONAL RADARS NEAR AIRPORTS. IF THIS IS AN ISSUE, YOU MUST USE WIRED METHODS.
*This is just a multimedia interface and does not run any iOS, Android Apps by itself.
*Professional installation is required
* Use ONLY Apple MFI certified cable to connect with your iPhone.
* Concert/Symphony radio and 2G MMI, 3G MMI version BNAV_XXXX_XXXXXX for Europe are completely Not Supported.
1 x interface box
1 x Main cable harness
1 x LVDS display signal cable harness
1 x USB cable + 2 Video input harness
1 x Wireless Antenna